Certified Passivhaus Designer Training (Whole House Energy)
|Date: 1 March 2017||Time: 9 days over 3 weeks|
|Location: Eaton & Otley College, Easton Campus, Norwich, Norfolk, NR9 5DX||Cost: £1912.50+VAT PHT members, £2,250+VAT non members|
Why get the Qualification?
• The Passivhaus standard is the fastest growing energy standard in the world with in excess of 30,000 buildings certified to date.
• East Anglia has been shown to be leading the way in the numbers of Passivhaus planned and delivered.
• Provide your clients with a superior energy efficient design service complementary to Part L1&2.
• Globally recognised qualification.
• Tangible business benefits.
• Up-skill to meet 2019 and 2021 zero carbon requirements.
Why study with Whole House Energy?
• We use the latest version of PHPP v9, plus variations
• All materials have been written by the experienced and qualified team based on the PHI Learning Objectives to achieve qualification.
• Course centred around actual delivery of a real building.
• We will give you confidence in practical application of what you learn.
• The course material has PHPP integrated throughout.
• You will learn about both new build and refurbishment projects.
• Award winning experienced team.
• Visits to site to see Passivhaus developments.
• Commercial and domestic scale projects, single development and multi residential covered.
• Easily accessible venue.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for Architects, Energy Consultants, M&E Consultants, Contractors and Self Builders.
What will you learn?
The course is designed with the specific aim of applying science of Passivhaus and relating it specifically to the Passivhaus Planning Package (PHPP) and the project/deign.
1. Definition of Passivhaus Principles
2. Science of Passivhaus
3. Fabric solutions and construction detailing
4. Ventilation design and installation
5. Principles of heating/cooling
6. Electricity use
What’s the Course Format?
• Studied over three weeks mainly classroom based course. The course is delivered in modules as shown below
• Local site visits (where available) to different build stage Passivhaus sites.
• Bespoke Courses available for in-house learning.
• Andrew Fisher – Whole House Energy, Passivhaus Consultant - Andrew has designed and delivered numerous Passivhaus projects in the area and is currently working on some large scale, multi-residential schemes.
• Sarah Lewis – Barron and Smith Architects (previously Bere Architects) Sarah is an award winning architect and author of the internationally renowned book PHPP Illustrated, published by the RIBA. Sarah is involved throughout the course as she delivers the all-important module PHPP. Delivered using her own methodology, and a real life case study, Sarah demystifies the PHPP, making learning easy and fun.
• Chris Parsons – Parsons + Whittley Architects - Chris has delivered multiple award winning Passivhaus projects in the UK. For more information about these visit the Parsons + Whittley website. Chris has huge expertise and experience of multiple build solutions and takes the lead on the building envelope module.
• Alex Honey – Whole House Energy, Passivhaus Designer - Alex has delivered a number of Passivhaus projects in the last 7 years. He is a self confessed geek and delivers the Science of Passivhaus module.
• Adam Simpson – Clear Consulting and Design Ltd, Director - Adam is our M&E expert and can draw from his personal experience of delivering a wide range of projects, from bespoke Passivhaus buildings to commercial scale developments.
• Jackie Richards – Whole House Energy – Consultant - Jackie delivers the introduction to Passivhaus module. She is currently designing her own Passivhaus in the city of Norwich.
• Certified Passivhaus Designer/Consultant Qualification (Passivhaus Institute endorsed) and Certificate
• Listed on the Passivhaus Institute website.
For full details please downlowad the event flyer
• 180-minute open book exam.
Provision of full CV demonstrating suitable experience and/or qualification.
RIBA/CIAT/CIBSE registration details would provide evidence of experience with low-energy building design/energy calculations.
£150 +VAT 1/2 day revision
£300 +VAT examination fee
PHPP purchase is compulsory, recommended to purchase directly from AECB.
Funding: The Employer Training Incentive Pilot provides a 25% return against cash paid for additional training to a maximum grant of £1,000 per learner to eligible SME’s located in Norfolk & Suffolk.