Certified Passivhaus Tradesperson Training (Whole House Energy)
|Date: 28 March 2017||Time: 2.5 days|
|Location: Eaton & Otley College, Easton Campus, Norwich, Norfolk, NR9 5DX||Cost: £700 +VAT (Exam fee £275 +VAT) 10% discount for PHT/AECB members|
Why get the Qualification?
The Passivhaus standard is the fastest growing energy standard in the world with in excess of 30,000 buildings constructed to date.
Passivhaus is a rigorous energy standard that benefits building occupants with huge reductions in energy consumption in addition to an extremely high level of indoor comfort. To achieve it however, requires nothing more than very good detailed design and thorough good-practice through the construction process. This entails awareness of interdependencies of different components and also an ability to assess deviations from the planned work that might arise on site that could adversely affect the building performance.
Whilst predominantly a course aimed at trades people, a wider audience could benefit attendance, as there is a need for contextual knowledge and understanding throughout the industry. This qualification demonstrates competence and commitment to improving building standards by both individuals and organisations.
The course has been designed to provide the Passivhaus Institute training requirements. In addition to this, it includes practical sessions such as airtightness detailing, windows and ventilation examples, together with hands-on sessions and demonstrations.
The basis of the course comprises of six interdisciplinary modules with two specific trades modules (thermal insulation/window installation and heat supply/ventilation). Each module will take approximately 2-2.5 hours. It is this core content that you will be examined upon.
Who should attend?
- Building Tradespeople, Site Operatives, Site Managers, Project Managers, Clerk of Works, Clients Agents/Surveyors;
- Also suitable for Quantity Surveyors and Estimators, Building & Facilities Managers, Maintenance Operatives.
- Delivered in modules the course covers Definition and Basic Principles of Passivhaus design;
- Airtightness and vapour barrier in typical construction types;
- Good practice with all types of insulation;
- Airtightness testing requirements and regimes;
- Importance of thermal bridging detail;
- Glazing choices and installation requirements;
- Understanding and interpreting PHPP (the Passivhaus Planning Package);
- Good practice with MVHR (Mechanical Ventilation and Heat Recovery) design, installation and maintenance;
- Supplementary heat supply, source and emitter.
- Full course – 2.5 days plus ½ day exam and ½ day revision
- Online pre-course learning
Two and a half days with a combination of classroom based learning and practical demonstrations both in and out of the classroom.
Learning and Outcomes
- Certified Passivhaus Tradesperson Qualification (Passivhaus Institute endorsed) and Certificate
- The course qualifies for a 2.5 day Construction Certification CPD
- Listed on the Passivhaus Institute website
- For full list see the Catalogue of Learning Objectives pdf available online at www.wholehouseenergy.com/passivhaus
90-minute open book ‘Certified Passivhaus Tradesperson’ exam.
Next Examination date: Friday 9th June 2017
The Employer Training Incentive Pilot provides a 25% return against cash paid for additional training to a maximum grant of £1,000 per learner to eligible SME’s located in Norfolk and Suffolk.